ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
The National Conference on School Discipline will assemble internationally recognized experts including Erin Gruwell, Dr. Allen Mendler, Charles P. Leitch, Esq. and Dr. Dorothy Espelage together with practitioners who have developed promising approaches and programs in the incubator of day-to-day school life. This event will be a must-attend gathering for administrators, teachers, social workers and counselors focused on improving academic performance by applying the most current innovations and research to the arena of behavior intervention and classroom management.
This conference samples a variety of approaches. Attendees will also benefit from complimentary access to the National Conference on Girl Bullying, which will be co-located at the Chicago Hyatt Regency O'Hare (Rosemont).
Featured Topics Include:
- Legal Issues in School Discipline
- High-Tech Tools for Discipline
- Positive-Behavior Interventions
- Handling Challenging Discipline Moments
- Prevention Practices and Tips
- The "Best" Advice for New Educators
- What Needs to Change in Traditional Discipline Approaches
- The Most Common Mistakes Teachers Make with "Classroom Control"
- Critical Strategies for School Administrators
- Critical Role of the School Counselor or Social Worker in School Discipline
- Dispelling the Most Common Myths about "Classroom Management"
- Helping Teachers With Highly Challenging Classrooms "Thrive"
Make plans to join us in the Chicago area for our 3rd Annual Conference.
CALL FOR PROGRAMS
Submit a proposal to present a break-out session.