ABOUT THIS CONFERENCE
The National Conference on School Discipline will assemble internationally recognized experts and practitioners who have developed promising approaches and programs in the incubator of day-to-day school life. This event will be a must-attend gathering for administrators, teachers, social workers and counselors focused on improving academic performance by applying the most current innovations and research to the arena of behavior intervention and classroom management.
This conference samples a variety of approaches. Attendees will also benefit from complimentary access to the National Conference on Girl Bullying and the National Conference on Innovative Teaching Strategies, which will be co-located at the Westgate Las Vegas Resort
Featured Topics Include:
- Legal Issues in School Discipline
- High-Tech Tools for Discipline
- Positive-Behavior Interventions
- Handling Challenging Discipline Moments
- Prevention Practices and Tips
- The "Best" Advice for New Educators
- What Needs to Change in Traditional Discipline Approaches
- The Most Common Mistakes Teachers Make with "Classroom Control"
- Critical Strategies for School Administrators
- Critical Role of the School Counselor or Social Worker in School Discipline
- Dispelling the Most Common Myths about "Classroom Management"
- Helping Teachers With Highly Challenging Classrooms "Thrive"